We are looking for a driven and steady individual, capable of building relationships across the entire project team, with the flexibility and energy to thrive in a dynamic environment.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the successful planning, execution, tracking, delivery and closure of client projects. The Project Manager works with the client to understand requirements and engages the global team in the fulfillment of these requirements, crafting client solutions based on the Welocalize Four Pillars of Customer Service, Quality, Innovation and Global Teamwork.
The ideal candidate is a driven but steady individual, capable of building relationships across the entire project team, with the flexibility and energy to thrive in a dynamic environment.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities and areas of ownership of the Project Manager:
- Project planning, scoping, requirements gathering and validation with the client.
- Identifying and working with the relevant client and internal stakeholders to plan and resource projects appropriately in terms of quality, cost, and schedule requirements.
- Risk analysis and contingency planning (plan-do-check-act cycle).
- Leading the internal and external team to successful execution and delivery of client projects
- Creating schedule and monitoring timeliness of delivery.
- Managing the budget and controlling project costs.
- Establishing and nurturing relationships with the customer, internal teams and external suppliers.
- Overseeing project activities and ensuring resolution to any problems that may arise (corrective and preventive action).
- Actively seeking ways to optimize delivery, client satisfaction, quality and profitability.
- Reporting, both in written and verbal form, to internal and external stakeholders regarding Project scope, financials, progress and status, formally and on an ad-hoc basis as required.
- Ensuring finance systems are kept up to date and accurate.
- Process documentation and knowledge management.
- Ensuring profit of project is maintained through the management of margin.
Delivery of services in line with core KPIs for project management, which includes but are not limited to:
- Client satisfaction;
- On-time delivery;
- Cost control and profitability;
- Revenue throughput;
- Client growth.
Proven project management experience in a fast-paced, client-centric environment, ideally in the translation or localization industry.
Knowledge of the translation industry and a keen interest in its technology, process, competitive landscape and emerging trends.
Demonstrated success in managing large accounts and/or projects.
Curiosity and creativity to question existing processes and approaches and innovate new ones.
Proven experience in the development of processes and ideas.
Experience in financial management and budget to actual management.
Customer relationship management and business development skills to drive organic growth.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a college or university in a related field or equivalent work experience.
Other Relevant Skills
Energy and a positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills.
The ability to lead large, diverse, virtual teams.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
Effective presentation skills.
Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships.
Ability to manage multiple priorities in a time-sensitive and deadline-driven work environment
Key Competencies Required For This Role
Actively Drives their projects and teams and has a Positive Impact
Shows good ability to Manage Resources and Related Costs
Focuses on Building a credibility-based Relationship
Understands the importance of SMART objectives and is Results Orientated
Thinks Commercially and can interact with commercial people
Contact us if something goes wrong.