Programming & Tech
Cloud System Admin
Cosmogence is a platform that provides remote Cloud System Administrator jobs that allow people to work from anywhere for companies in Canada and the United States.
— Programming & Tech
Cloud System Admin
Cosmogence is a platform that provides remote Cloud System Administrator jobs that allow you to work from anywhere for companies in Canada and the United States.
Cosmogence is looking to fill remote Cloud System Administrator jobs for our US based clients who are interested in hiring remote, full-time employees from around the world to be a part of their team. You should have a penchant for excellence with a proven track-record of successfully delivering high quality work, be a lifelong learner, have a positive attitude, be self-motivated, and have excellent English skills.
The specific tools and technologies, years of experience and job requirements will vary depending on the client you are hired by, so we are open to a variety of skill types and levels of experience. We’re looking for the best of the best–if you think that’s you, we encourage you to apply! Once you submit your profile, you will undergo our vetting process, and will be considered for a variety of clients. We will match you based on your interests, desired compensation, and their needs.
As a Cloud Systems Administrator, you will be a key part of infrastructure team working with the latest cloud services from Amazon, Microsoft. You should have a passion for technology and enjoy the challenge of working on innovative projects with an equally talented group of co-workers. You should be a life-long learner and welcome the opportunity to constantly iterate and improve upon your skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a Cloud Admin or similar role
- Work within a cross-functional team of developers, engineers and data scientists to implement, monitor and optimize cloud deployments and operations
- Set standards and create procedures for cloud services and undertake routing security assessments and tests
- Work with partners and key customers to review 3rd party integrations and applications to ensure that they meet requirements
- Procure and deploy new equipment and services as required to meet growth requirements
- Experience working with Microsoft deployment and security applications
- Extensive experience with serverless cloud platforms, virtualization platforms and containers (AWS Lambda, GCP Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, Open Shift etc.)
- Experience with supporting web application technologies with large data volumes utilizing time series data
- Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, etc)
- Experience adopting and implementing coding best-practices (revision control, CI/CD) and tools preferably Git and Clickup
- Experience with configuration management software and infrastructure as code (Ansible, Terraform, Salt Stack)
- Experience with regulatory compliance (SOC2, PCI etc)
- Knowledge of IT best practices frameworks (ITIL)
- Ability to quickly learn and develop expertise in highly complex existing applications and architectures
- Strong documentation skills and keen attention to detail
- Prior experience in hands-on troubleshooting of complex systems problems that includes capacity planning and performance tuning, reliability or high availability initiative
Contact us if something goes wrong.